CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme: CBSE Single Girl Child scholarship scheme has been implemented by the government of India. The scholarship is introduced to provide better education to all the meritious single girl children of the family. As this scheme will help the family to continue their child’s education and encourage them for their future. Many citizens in India are a parent of a girl. So through this scholarship, they will get financial help from the government of India.
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme
There are many girls chid in India who do not get better education due to social inequality and have to face many hardships to fulfil their dreams. So keeping that in mind the government of India has launched a scheme called CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship. All the meritious girls who are willing to continue their studies and want to accomplish their dream will be able to do so through this scholarship scheme.
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship: Overview Table
|Name of the scheme
|CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme
|Scheme launched by
|Government of India
|The objective of the scheme
|Provide scholarships to all the single girl children of the family
|All the single girl children in the country
|Application last date
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
If the girl child wants to apply for the scholarship program then before that the applicant must go through the eligibility criteria set by the government. One who falls under the required criteria will be eligible to apply for the scholarship scheme. Check out the below-mentioned criteria.
- The applicant must have secured 60% or more marks in class 10th CBSE board and is studying in 11th and 12th in a school affiliated with the CBSE board.
- The tuition fee for the applicant is not more than 1,500 per month during the academic year.
- The applicant should hold Indian nationality
- The student must complete her 11th and 12th from the same school.
- A scholar under the scheme while availing of a scholarship can enjoy another concession offered by the school in which she studies.
Objectives of Single Girl Child Scholarship Yojana
The purpose of introducing this scholarship scheme is to give financial help to all the single girl’s children of the parent. So that they can further continue their studies, and can give proper education as per their wish. Now there will be fewer girls in the country who will not be able to fulfil their dreams and accomplish their goals in life.
Also Check: Reliance Foundation Scholarships
Benefits of the Scholarship
The applicants will get many benefits from the scholarship scheme, as this scheme is launched for all girl children so here are some of the benefits that the applicants will be able to take advantage of.
- Now all the girl’s children will get the proper education for a better future.
- You do not have to visit anywhere to apply for the scholarship as it can be done by sitting at home also.
- The procedure will save a lot of time, energy, and money for the candidate and will bring transparency to the system.
- The applicants will be provided with Rs.6000 scholarship which means Rs.500 per month and the scholarship will be provided for two years that is the total scholarship provided to the applicant is Rs12000.
How to Apply for CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Yojana?
All the eligible candidates will be able to apply for the scholarship program, and one who matches the eligibility criteria mentioned above on this page will be able to apply for the same. Here we have given the full procedure for the application process.
- To apply for the scholarship program, visit the official website of CBSE i.e. www.cbse.gov.in
- After you have visited the site then you have to download the guideline of the scholarship, which you will be able to see on the main page.
- After that to apply for the scholarship program then tap on the SGC-X- Fresh application option, mentioned on the left side of the home page.
- After that, you will be taken to a new page, the application form will appear before you now start filling out the asked details on the form.
- Next, you are supposed to upload the documents along with the application form.
- After filling out the details, click on the proceed option, and then you will be successfully registered for the scholarship program.
- The applicants who have successfully filled out the application form will be able to generate the confirmation page.
- After that take a printout of your application form and submit the application form to the address given below.
APPLICATION FOR CBSE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP FOR SGC X SHOULD BE SENT TO ASSISTANT SECRETARY (SCHOLARSHIP) CBSE SHIKSHA KENDRA, 2 COMMUNITY CENTRE, PREET VIHAR, DELHI 110 092”
Required Documents to Apply for the Scholarship
Some important documents are required to upload while filling out the application form. Applicants who fail to upload the documents in their application will not proceed with the further process. Below is the list of the required documents for an application form.
- Admission proof
- Income certificate
- caste certificate
- Passport-size photograph of the candidate
- Scanned signatures of the applicants
- A copy of the bank passbook/ cancelled cheque duly attested
- Class 11th mark sheet for renewal of the scholarship
- An affidavit of Rs.50
- Any government-authorized id ( Aadhar card, Pan card, Voter id, etc)
Also Check: National Merit Scholarship Scheme 2023
Duration for the Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme
- The scholarship that has been awarded to the candidate will be renewed for a period of 1 year, which means after the successful completion of class 11th.
- Renewal shall also depend on promotion to the next class provided the scholar secures 50% or more marks in aggregate in the examination.
- If the scholarship is once cancelled then it will not be renewed under any circumstances.
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme: Important Links
|Official Portal of CBSE
|CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme Pdf
|Format of affidavit for scholarship